Whole Smoked Chicken Recipe
1. Brine the Chicken for 16 to 24 hours
- 2 gallons of water
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup kosher salt
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 large enough pot to soak the chicken
Mix all the ingredients together and put in refrigerator for 16 to 24 hours.
2. Once chicken is removed place dry rub on chicken.
*Pat dry entire chicken once taken out of brine*
- Big game or poultry run
- 1 tablespoon of Thyme
- 1 tablespoon of Rosemary
- 1 clove of garlic minced
Mix everything together and rub completely over chicken. Take the chicken and wrap it in aluminum foil for 10 minutes to ensure rub gets solid contact.
3. Add ingredients inside of chicken.
- Cut 1/4 to 1/2 of a yellow onion
- Add 1 to 2 bay leaves
- Add 1 lemon cut in 1/2 or 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- Add 3 to 4 whole cloves of garlic
Put all ingredients inside of the chicken and tie legs together to hold items inside.
4. Place chicken in smoker at 225 to 250 degrees for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Get the inside temps of the meat to be 150 to 160 degrees.
5. Enjoy that amazing meal!
Scout, Hunt, Repeat