One of my favorite things to do on the weekends is make a very healthy meal that revolves around wild game and healthy sides. This weekend, my wife and I made an easter meal that was fantastic! I figure I share it with our group for you all to enjoy. You can use this with any wild game but I would recommend Sheep or Goat as your main go-to.
1 Rack of Ribs- Lamb/Sheep/Feral Goat (Trim excess fat off. Leave a small layer, closer to the bone)
1.5 Teaspoons of Salt
1 Teaspoon of Black Pepper
1 Teaspoon of Avocado Oil
4 large Garlic cloves- mince them
3 Tablespoons of dried parsley
1 Tablespoon of dried Thyme
1.5 Teaspoons of dried Rosemary
1.5 Tablespoons of Avocado Oil- Used separate in skillet
Prep of the meat (Salt and Pepper coating while browning meat)
Get yourself a nice skillet that can fit the rack of ribs. You will be heating the skillet up on a high level of heat and browning the meat as you complete the step by step below.
1. Make sure that the meat is dried as much as possible. The meat should not be wet from being defrosted. Pat it dry with a paper towel if needed.
2. Put the Salt and Pepper all over the meat.
3. Take the 1.5 Teaspoons of Avocado oil and put in a skillet on high heat.
4. You will need to put the ribs on the skillet for a quick brown on each side. 4 minutes on each side of the ribs. 8 minute min/10 min max
5. Take out aluminum foil and lay flat on counter (you will be using this with the breaded coating on ribs)
6. Mix all the ingredients that are remaining into a bowl. Then coat the entire rack of ribs. Encase the ribs with the foil to hold the breading. Make sure the foil is fairly loose around it.
Smoking the meat and sides
I personally used broccoli, carrots and brussels sprouts in the smoker in a pan. Feel free to use your own veggies of choice. Add 2 teaspoons of butter and add to a pan.
I also had Portabella Mushrooms with cheese added in the center. I will add the pictures below.
1. Get smoker around 325 degrees. (You can use a grill if no smoker is available)
2. Put meat and veggies on the smoker and plan on leaving it there for 10 minutes then flip. Total cook time should be 20 minutes. (130 degree center of meat will be medium cook)
3. Once completed, remove food and ENJOY!
Shoot me a note or reach me on Facebook for any questions or comments!
Scout, Hunt, Repeat